Protection of Personal Information/Data
True Temper Sports recognizes the importance of your right to privacy and we are committed to guarding your personal information. True Temper Sports is the controller of data/information for this website, and we assume responsibility for the protection and security of your personal information/data. True Temper Sports has taken steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Nevertheless, Internet and wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. Please understand that any messages or information you send/submit may be intercepted by others.
Types of Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual by which you can be contacted or identified. Depending on how you engage with our website, different types of information may be collected, including: your name, email address, mailing address, telephone, or mobile number, date of birth, IP address, gender, language preference, resume information (if you submit an employment application), and purchase/return/exchange information. We collect information/data that you provide voluntarily as well as some that is recorded automatically.
Activities that may lead to the collection of information include, but are not limited to:
- Registering or filling in forms through our site or services
- Participating in consumer contests, giveaways, or other promotions
- Completing a profile to become a TRUE Retailer
- Entering your zip, postal code, or city to Find a TRUE Retailer
- Signing up to receive news and promotions by email
- Downloading and completing a warranty form or any contact form
- Requesting information or assistance from True Temper Sports. True Temper Sports may keep a copy of communications or correspondence you may send, including any email communications
- Using additional features of the site that may require additional information in order to utilize the feature
- Engaging with any social network plug-ins available through our website while you are logged in to one of these social networks may allow the social network to add your information to your profile. To prevent this from happening, log off your social network before you enter our website, or do not click on social media plug-ins.
Please note: We do not have control over data collection or data transfer via social plug-ins. If you have questions or concerns, please refer to the Privacy Policies of Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to better understand how information is collected and personal data is transferred.
How We Use Your Information
- To personalize your user experience by providing you with relevant content and products of interest.
- To contact you if you have reached out to us by submitting an employment application, warranty form, contact form, or regarding any customer service request.
- If you have signed up for our newsletter or participate in any promotions, we may contact you via email. If you would like to opt out of this process, you simply have to unsubscribe (explained under Opt-Out Preferences below).
- To learn more about how users navigate our site and view our content to improve our site and tailor specific content for different users.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device
How do we protect the information collected?
Like many websites, TRUE utilizes cookies to maintain a record of your visit to the site and the use of services. Cookies work in conjunction with the content from the site or service to remember information or data to optimize and personalize user experiences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies.
How do I disable cookies?
If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting TRUE’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser steps to do so. Please be advised that if you disable cookies, site and service functionality may be limited.
Third-Party Analytics and Tracking
In order to improve our user experience, TRUE may receive information about you from third parties. For example, you may also have chosen to participate in a third party application, such as our Facebook page or another social media platform, where you allowed us to contact you or collect information. Please be advised that our website may contain links to other websites which are not under control of TRUE. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites, so please be aware when you leave our site and read the individual website’s privacy statements.
TRUE does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If you would like to opt-out of any communications from TRUE, you will have the ability to unsubscribe by means of a link provided in every email that is sent to you by TRUE. If you would like to unsubscribe to any other form of communication, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
TRUE is committed to protecting your personal information and will not sell or trade your data to third parties. However, if required by law, we will share your data with third parties.
Our website is not intended for use by children who are under the age of 13, or by minors under the age of 18 in Maine. In accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children through our website. If you are underage, please do not provide us with any personal information. If we discover that such person(s) have provided us with personal information, we will take actions to remove and delete this information as quickly as possible.
How to Contact us
Attention: Privacy Officer
8275 Tournament Dr. #200